Hog Wild was founded in 1996 and we live by these simple rules:
- We sell innovative novelty products typically geared to older kids (over 8) and that cross over to adults.
- We try to be different and dance to our own beat when developing toys and gifts.
- We avoid competition whenever possible (no board games, no fashion dolls, no flying disks).
- We don’t do gag gifts but do enjoy humor and farting products (we just don’t sell them).
- We’re not the brightest bulbs in the warehouse but we do try and often own up to our stupid mistakes.
- We like things simple because it’s easier for us to understand.
We’re located in Porkland, Oregon and ship all our products from this sometimes inconvenient location. We typically take 3 to 5 days to process an order for our retail stores and we like to get paid on time. If you’re a credit worthy retailer, we’ll offer you terms. If you’re an “end user” we want you to buy from our website and we value you the most of all. I’m sorry our prices are not dirt cheap but what you find from us, you should not find anywhere else. There are times when we get knocked off but that’s life in the toy business.
We’re always on the prowl for new ideas and look to outside inventors for help. Most of the really good inventors are very hard to find and they are often bar tenders, school teachers, fireman, and other professions not typically associated with inventing. When we find these people, they typically have really clever, never before seen ideas. They are always smarter than we are and we feel very lucky when they license their product idea to us.
Fact: The best products we have always come from outside inventors. If you’ve got a great idea, we’d love to hear from you. If you work at a professional inventing company with fancy presentations and 1,000s of great ideas, you’re probably not a great fit for us.